After more than 20 years in broadcasting, I've changed focus, writing about the New York media landscape.
Starting with Examiner.com, since Aug. 2010, I have been Co-editor for FishbowlNY
Now you can find my posts on the blog Tuned In
Disgraced Former Anchor Rob Morrison
Wants to Resume TV Career
WPLJ's Scott Shannon
Exploring First Year of Chuck and Shiba
My byline has also been featured in the New York Daily News
To commemorate the ten-year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, I was pleased to interview many New York high-profile media personalities for their memories from the tragic events. The 16-part FishbowlNY series-- 9/11: New York Remembers is the completion of the three-week of special profiles.
I promoted the series on Gov. David Paterson's afternoon show on WOR, Sept. 9, 2011, and on WFUV's Cityscape.
Further "building my brand," my pieces have led to a guest appearance on "All Night with Joey Reynolds," Feb. 11, 2011.
An interview I gave to Mr.popculture.com
was published in Feb. 2011.
Here is a sampling of my Fishbowl articles:
- Al Primo creates Eyewitness News and revolutionizes local news, March 14, 2011
- Jane Hanson marks one year with LX New York, in her return to WNBC, March 7, 2011
- Making the push for veteran radio anchor Mitch Lebe into NYSBA Hall of Fame, Feb. 23, 2011
- Former WABC anchor/reporter Charles Perez goes after his Eyewitness News in new book, Feb. 15, 2011
- A profile of radio great, Carol Miller, Feb. 3, 2011
- WABC-TV sports anchor Rob Powers discusses replacing Scott Clark, Feb. 3, 2011
- Obit of trailblazing radio programmer Ruth Meyer, Jan. 28, 2011
- Veteran broadcaster Joey Reynolds gets his new late night TV show off the ground, Jan. 25, 2011
- A look at WNBC's The Debrief through the eyes of host David Ushery, Jan. 4, 2011
- Chris Ingram discusses growing up in the shadow of his legendary father, Dec. 22, 2010
- "Goumba" Johnny talks about being pushed out at Clear Channel's WKTU, Dec. 15, 2010
- Spending the day with Fox 5/WNYW and My9/WWOR anchor Harry Martin, Dec. 9, 2010
- The Magic Garden's 'Carole and Paula' inducted into the L.I. Music of Hall of Fame, Nov. 22, 2010
- One-time WFAN reporter Mia Harris speaks out about her former employers, July 9, 2010
- John Bell discusses leaving Z100, April 12, 2010 (check out Howard Stern reading the article in the Audio and Video clips section)